Watch this film fragment from The Matrix (it only takes 44 seconds)
Text from the movie clip:
The matrix is a system, that system is our enemy.
When you’re inside, what do you see? Business men, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still part of that system. And that makes them our enemy.
You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
Answer the following questions first:
- Do you think you know the system and do you think you already stepped out of it?
- Are you in the process of stepping out of the system and are you aware of how you act?
- Do you see certain (groups of) people who should be “saved”, because they are still stuck in the system?
Then reflect on the following questions:
- Could there be people – of whom you think that should be saved from the system – who think the same about you?
- What is the system anyway? When we are talking about the system, are we all talking about the same thing?
Find out how the answers to these questions affect how you have an influence on changing the system (whatever that may be).
Do you want to do more reflection exercises? Check out my programs and services here. _______________________________________________________________________________